Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Memories and Thoughts

I was standing in my parents kitchen this morning cooking breakfast and remembering growing up that my dad ALWAYS made the best breakfast. He's from the south so he really knows what he's doin, and I loved it! Still love it when we have family breakfast, which doesn't happen often but when it does I'm always excited because I know what I will be eating...dad's cooking.

As I was standing there making eggs, I was thinking, wow. I'm not very good at this! the yoke would break or I just would be dumb and forget to put oil down first so the eggs don't stick, even after my dad has shown how to do it..several times. :) And I began to think I need practice on this! and doing so takes time. With that thought sometimes cooking things takes time to learn or doing it several times over before you get it right.

I had a thought on with my relationship with God and where I'm at. Do I want to keep having to do things over and over or do I want to get it right the first time He tells me to do something? To me it is so much better walking in His path and listening to him the first time. I'm not saying I do that every single time. I think with every christian we have our flaws and we've been at that point where we think really God? are you sure? Oh He's sure all right! But with listening to him the first time comes with faith and understanding that He knows the situation and He knows
where you will be down the road.

Even with where I am at I have to remember that God is in control. He knows my thoughts and my desires and He knows what He has for me. I seem to be continually reminding myself of this whether it be "shelfing" things to come back and find it in a more valuable state than before or trusting God that He will provide! I guess what I'm trying to say is that obeying Him the first time is much easier than cracking your yoke and having to start all over again. And His blessing will be so much more than you ever imagined :)

No comments:

Post a Comment